Fire Officer 1
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s “Tennessee Fire Officer 1 Course” is approved by the Tennessee Firefighting Commission (TFC). This course uses the 2014 edition of the NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications and surpasses the requirements included in this standard. In order to sit for the TFC Fire Officer 1 Test, Fire Officer 1 Course participants must hold the following certifications:
- Firefighter 1 and 2
- Fire Instructor 1
- ICS 100, 200, and 700
The Tennessee Fire Officer 1 Course will cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- The four step management process
- Leadership within a fire company
- Coaching and training
- Evaluation and discipline
- How to handle conflicts, mistakes, and problems
- The Fire Officer and organization of labor
- How to prepare for promotions
- Fire Officer communication
- Safety and risk management
- How to effectively understand and communicate with people
- How to form positive working relationships in the community
- Code enforcement and pre-incident planning
- Determining the origin and cause of fires
- Changes in leadership
- Managing crew resources
- Managing incidents
- Advanced tactics and strategies for fire service emergency operations
This course will provide you with a thorough understanding of all these topics, as well as general preparation for the responsibilities of a Level 1 Fire Officer in Tennessee. By successfully completing this course, in addition to holding the appropriate prerequisite certifications, you will be qualified to sit for the TFC Fire Officer 1 Exam.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Fire Officer Principles and Practice 3rd Edition by Jones & Bartlett (2015) – ISBN: 978-1284068368.
- NOTE: This book is not provided with your purchase of this course, but it is available through technical bookshops or online.
- A high-speed internet connection
Because this an online class, there are certain requirements of candidates. You will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the course work and related requirements in order to move forward. This is an open enrollment course that will allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the work load. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required as convenient to complete the various units of this course.
- CHAMILO_CODE TNFO1