Fire Officer 1 & 2
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s online “Tennessee Fire Officer 1 and 2 Combined Course” is approved by the Tennessee Firefighting Commission (TFC). This course uses the 2014 edition of the NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications and surpasses the requirements included in this standard.
In order to sit for the TFC Fire Officer 1 and 2 Tests, Fire Officer 1 and 2 Combined Course participants must hold the following certifications:
- Firefighter 1 and 2
- Fire Instructor 1
- ICS 100, 200, and 700
The Tennessee Fire Officer 1 and 2 Combined Course will cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Developing a pre-incident plan
- Fire safety enforcement and other related codes
- Fire Department budgeting and fiscal processes
- Determining the causes of fires and the fire officer’s role in this process
- Managing fire crew resources
- Leading change effectively
- Managing emergency incidents
- Advanced tactics and strategies for fire emergency operations
- Residential firefighting strategies for modern buildings
This course will provide you with a thorough understanding of all these topics, as well as general preparation for the responsibilities of a Level 1 and Level 2 Fire Officer with the Tennessee Fire Services. By successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to sit for the TFC Exams for Tennessee Fire Officer 1 and Fire Officer 2.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Fire Officer Principles and Practice 3rd Edition by Jones & Bartlett (2015) – ISBN: 978-1284068368.
- NOTE: This book will not be provided with your purchase of this course, but the book can be purchased through technical bookshops or online.
- A high-speed, internet connection
Because this an online class, there are certain requirements of candidates. You will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the course work and related requirements in order to move forward. This is an open enrollment course that will allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the work load. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required as convenient to complete the various units of this course.
- CHAMILO_CODE FIREOFFICER1AND2