Fire Officer 3
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s online “Tennessee Fire Officer 3 Course” is approved by the Tennessee Firefighting Commission (TFC). This course uses the 2014 edition of the NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications and surpasses the requirements included in this standard. It also fulfils the pre-certification requirements for Fire Officer 3 as determined by the Tennessee Firefighting Commission.
In order to sit for the TFC Fire Officer 3 Test, Fire Officer 3 Course participants must hold the following certifications:
- Firefighter 1 and 2
- Fire Instructor 1
- Fire Officer 1 and 2
- ICS 100, 200, and 700
The Tennessee Fire Officer 3 Course will cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Effective delegation techniques and when to use them
- Program orientation
- Developing working partnerships with local communities
- Fiscal and budgetary processes including budget and audit procedures, budget creation, and fiscal planning
- Human resource management including accountability, assessment centers, and managing effective personnel appraisals
- Inspection procedures and pre-incident planning for particular occupancies
- Risk management
- Legal issues and concerns
- Safety plans and programs
- Incident planning
- Emergency services management and delivery
- Coordinating of multi-agency involvement during emergencies
- Performance assessment of department and similar incident responses using a wide variety of methodologies including incident timelines
- Research project management.
This course will provide you with a thorough understanding of all these topics as well as general preparation for the responsibilities of a Level 3 Fire Officer with the Tennessee Fire Services. By successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to sit for the TFC Exam for Fire Officer 3.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Chief Officer Principles and Practice, Jones & Bartlett (2012) - ISBN: 978-0- 7637-7929- 0.
- NOTE: This book will not be provided with your purchase of this course, but the book can be purchased through technical bookshops or online.
- A high-speed, internet connection
Because this an online class, there are certain requirements of candidates. You will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the course work and related requirements in order to move forward. This is an open enrollment course that will allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the work load. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required as convenient to complete the various units of this course.
- CHAMILO_CODE TNFO3