Fire Instructor 1
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s online “Tennessee Fire Instructor 1 Course” is approved by the Tennessee Firefighting Commission (TFC). This course uses the 2014 edition of the NFPA 1041 Standard for Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications and surpasses the requirements included in this standard. The “Tennessee Fire Instructor 1 Course” will instill a range of skills that are required to fulfill the important role of Fire Instructors in the fire services. The Fire Instructor provides guidance and assistance to pursue successful careers in the fire services through instilling respect and enthusiasm into their students.
Fire Instructor 1 is the first level in the instructor hierarchy and these instructors generally deliver most of the training. While the actual course content is stable, Fire Instructors are taught methods to maximize content delivery given the needs of a particular class of students. Various jurisdictions will also have their own requirements that the instructor needs to be aware of, and factor into their lesson.
The Tennessee Fire Instructor 1 Course will cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Effective delivery of course content
- Effective use of prepared lesson plans
- Effective use of instructional aids
- Effective use and analysis of evaluation tools
- Appropriate motivational techniques
- Methods for modifying lesson plans to comply with student and jurisdiction requirements
- Optimizing the learning experience for students
- Methods for effective compliance with record keeping requirements of the jurisdiction of the training
This course will provide you with a thorough understanding of all these topics, as well as general preparation for the responsibilities of a Fire Instructor 1 with the Tennessee Fire Services. By successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to sit for the TFC Exam for Fire Instructor 1 Certification.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Fire Service Instructor, Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition by Jones and Bartlett (2014) ISBN-978- 1-4496- 7083-2.
- NOTE: This book will not be provided with your purchase of this course, but the book can be purchased through technical bookshops or online.
- A high-speed internet connection
Because this an online class, there are certain requirements of candidates. You will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the course work and related requirements in order to move forward. This is an open enrollment course that will allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the work load. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required as convenient to complete the various units of this course.
- CHAMILO_CODE TNFI1