Fire Instructor 2
Ricky Rescue Training Academy’s online “Tennessee Fire Instructor 2 Course” is approved by the Tennessee Firefighting Commission (TFC). This course uses the 2014 edition of the NFPA 1041 Standard for Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications and surpasses the requirements included in this standard. The “Tennessee Fire Instructor 2 Course” will instill a wide range of skills that are required to fulfill this role and will build on the skill sets you’ve already acquired as a Level 1 Fire Instructor. You will be held responsible for building and developing lesson plans that Level 1 Instructors will use for training. You will also be able to develop lesson plans around a variety of topics while achieving the stated learning objectives, utilizing accessible instructional aids, and analyzing evaluation instruments.
Additionally, you will learn how to effectively employ motivational techniques and how to cater for the training requirements of the jurisdiction running the training, including the scheduling of training sessions. As a Level 2 Tennessee Fire Instructor, you will be tasked with coordinating and supervising Level 1 Fire Instructors. Fire Instructor 2 is the second level in the instructor hierarchy and carries all the requirements of a Level 1 Instructor with some additional responsibilities.
The Tennessee Fire Instructor 2 Course will cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Developing and modifying lesson plans for other instructors
- Developing and modifying lesson plans to factor in stated learning objectives, available instructional tools, and available evaluation tools
- Development and analysis of course, student, and instructor evaluation procedures
- Motivational techniques and how to effectively deploy them throughout training sessions
- Methods for modifying lesson plans to comply with student and jurisdiction requirements
- Effective coordination, supervision, and evaluation of other fire instructors
- Management of instructional resources such as facilities, time, funds, records, and personnel
This course will provide you with a thorough understanding of all these topics, as well as general preparation for the responsibilities of a Fire Instructor 2 with the Tennessee Fire Services. By successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to sit for the TFC Exam for Fire Instructor 2 Certification.
In addition to enrolling in this course, you must have:
- Fire Service Instructor, Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition by Jones and Bartlett (2014) ISBN-978- 1-4496- 7083-2.
- NOTE: This book will not be provided with your purchase of this course, but the book can be purchased through technical bookshops or online.
- A high-speed internet connection
Because this an online class, there are certain requirements of candidates. You will be held completely responsible for your own achievements. You must ensure that you work consistently and diligently to complete the course work and related requirements in order to move forward. This is an open enrollment course that will allow you to pace yourself, but will require sufficient self-discipline to keep up to date with the work load. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set aside the time required as convenient to complete the various units of this course.
- CHAMILO_CODE FI2